10.30am – a small gaggle of sailors watched the squalls whistle over the bay with the moorings. But then all seemed to calm down. Sarah, our intrepid patrol boat crew was given the anemometer and sent out into the middle of the lake to see if it was above force 4 (our COVID rules limit). All seemed well so Peter Davis and I decided to have a race. Peter had his K1 in the water whilst I was finishing off rigging – and then..
The wind picked up rapidly and not once but twice within 5 minutes Peter showed everyone his bottom with the sail flat on the water on one occasion. Clearly time for discretion. Hey ho, there is always next Sunday!