The club hopes to be able to open as planned with a working party on 28 February and sailing on Sundays from 7th March but this is dependent on the covid-19 restrictions in place at the time. We will keep you informed via the website and our Facebook page.
Happy New Year
It is likely that our 2021 season plans will be based on the 2020 Return to Sailing Instructions located here (updated 31.8.2020). Please note the following points:
- Our Toilets are open for members – one at a time with a traffic cone as a marker to show whether they are occupied
- We have provided cleaning wipes for the toilets; an external hand wash basin and elbow lever taps in the changing rooms
- Please bring your own towel and soap / detergent hand gel
- Our changing facilities are CLOSED until further notice
- Our Galley is CLOSED until further notice
- Maintain Social Distancing in line with Welsh Government Guidance
- No sailing at force 5 and above
- Specific Instructions for OOD and RIB helms in the detailed guidance
A declaration of competence is required prior to you getting back to cruiser and dinghy sailing. Please send an email to email@example.com containing the following text:
I confirm that I have not had any COVID19 symptoms in the last 14 days and
have not, knowingly, been in close contact with someone who has. I have not
been contacted by Track and Trace and asked to self isolate, nor have I been
required to quarantine myself following foreign travel. I will not attend the
club if these circumstances change at any time in the future.
I have read and understood the Club’s policies, including the Club’s Byelaws
and COVID-19 rules, and agree to comply with them at all times.
I confirm that I am competent to sail, and if dinghy sailing I can reliably and
consistently right my boat and rescue myself in the event of a capsize.
If buddy sailing with another member I agree that I will, if necessary, undertake the rescue of the other sailor and I accept that the act of rescuing or being rescued carries a risk of virus transmission.
[Delete as appropriate] I am the lead member for a family group and I have
ensured that all members of my family, including those not sailing but
attending as helpers or spectators, also understand these guidelines and
their responsibility to keep themselves and others safe from virus