The Committee has been making plans to get back to sailing and trying to retrieve what we can of the 2020 season. We are guided by the restrictions imposed by the Welsh Assembly and by Welsh Water. Currently we have cruising re-established and our Sunday racing programme has resumed.
The fine detail around our plans are contained in the Return to Sailing Instructions located here (updated 31.8.2020). Please note the following points:
- Our Toilets are open for members – one at a time with a traffic cone as a marker to show whether they are occupied
- We have provided cleaning wipes for the toilets; an external hand wash basin and elbow lever taps in the changing rooms
- Please bring your own towel and soap / detergent hand gel
- Our changing facilities are CLOSED until further notice
- Our Galley is CLOSED until further notice
- Maintain Social Distancing in line with Welsh Government Guidance
- No sailing at force 5 and above
- Racing restarted on 2/8/2020 see the provisional program here
- Specific Instructions for OOD and RIB helms in the detailed guidance
A declaration of competence is required prior to you getting back to cruiser and dinghy sailing. Please send an email to email@example.com containing the following text:
I confirm that I have not had any COVID19 symptoms in the last 14 days and
have not, knowingly, been in close contact with someone who has. I have not
been contacted by Track and Trace and asked to self isolate, nor have I been
required to quarantine myself following foreign travel. I will not attend the
club if these circumstances change at any time in the future.
I have read and understood the Club’s policies, including the Club’s Byelaws
and COVID-19 rules, and agree to comply with them at all times.
I confirm that I am competent to sail, and if dinghy sailing I can reliably and
consistently right my boat and rescue myself in the event of a capsize.
If buddy sailing with another member I agree that I will, if necessary, undertake the rescue of the other sailor and I accept that the act of rescuing or being rescued carries a risk of virus transmission.
[Delete as appropriate] I am the lead member for a family group and I have
ensured that all members of my family, including those not sailing but
attending as helpers or spectators, also understand these guidelines and
their responsibility to keep themselves and others safe from virus